Pawnee Crude Terminal
Selected project examples
Location: Pawnee Grassland, Colorado
Project Duration: 2014 - 2015 (12 months including engineering)
Project Value: approx. $25M+
Contract Method: Target Price
Constructed a 300,000 BBL greenfield terminal for receipt and storage of Niobrara shale condensate. Receipt primarily by a single pipeline, with additional truck rack receipt. The truck rack was constructed to allow ten bays of truck unloading, including five bays usable for truck loading. Product stored in the tankage is delivered to an adjacent wholesale pipeline via pipeline pumps and LACT metering units.
Global Power Energy Services segment Williams Industrial Services was selected to provide engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) services.
Williams Industrial Services the “Prime” EPC Contractor and Engineering contract holder provided overall project management, safety management, and subcontract management for civil, structural and electrical.
Williams also provided subcontract management for the LACT Skids and Tanks and self-performed all prefabrication & field installation for the mechanical systems including BOM and Welding.
- Remote site location
- Oil and Gas boom in region (lack of available subs, materials, labor
- Fast track schedule
- Winter conditions
- Difficult permitting requirements
- Lead time on major equipment with fast track schedule
- The project started as a paid proposal/feed study and expanded
to a full-service EPC
- Zero OSHA Recordables and Zero Lost Time Injuries
- Met all contractual and “added” milestone dates
- Extra Scope for the project totalled over $6M
- Transformer / Power / Conduit
- Tank Mixers
- 5 additional truck LACTS including concrete, steel canopy
expansion and divert valves totalling 15 bays
- 6 12F tanks and concrete pad
- PXP Pipeline